Tuesday, March 3, 2009

eKATerinburg

I don't know if this will ultimately prove good or bad, but today in my apartment building I FOUND A KITTEN!  I came home after class and was trying to take my usual afternoon nap, but I couldn't fall asleep because of a mewling I heard in the hallway.  Knowing how vulnerable I am to the lure of "stray cats," I tried to ignore it, but it didn't stop.  Ultimately I gave in, opened my door, and found a tiny white and gray tabby M-head (pictures to follow).  I picked it up and it purred in my arms.  None of my neighbors claimed it, and they said it had been howling all night.  So I brought it inside, fed it some chicken and milk, watched it pee on my bathroom rug and decided to keep it, at least for a little while.

My maternal instincts are surging.  Hopefully I'll be able to find a home for it before June, but, also hopefully, no sooner.  I ran downstairs and bought it some cat food and kitty litter.  Don't yet know if it's a boy or a girl, so I can't yet choose a name.  I do know, it's a good hunter, clever (already figured out the litter box) and "loves the love."  It's purring and marching on my lap as we speak.  It hasn't cried since I brought it in, except to get my attention for some affection.  It follows me from room to room, unless enjoined in battle with a bottlecap, shoelace or one of the many enemy cats that live in the mirrors. It's also very clean and a good eater!  

I finally did get my nap, but this time, instead of being interrupted by a screaming kitten in the hall, it was serenaded by purrs from a sleeping kitten on my cheap.  Wish me "neither fluff nor feather!"

2 comments:

Museum intrigue said...

that's so presh!

Jason said...

you find that kitten a home! i might rent a cat from Rusana