Saturday, October 4, 2008

Highlights

Hey faithful followers! As usual, I have a stock-pile of back-dated posts, but I can't upload them here. Oh well. Here are the highlights:
Temple yesterday: a multi-lingual lunch with five girls in three different languages, Russian, Hebrew and English. Turns out, Jewish humor is international. So is the food. BTW, Halle, you're right, these girls are Lubbovitcher all the way.
Teachers' Day: A Russian holiday when students giv their teachers presents. That's what I'm talkin' about. I got a coffee mug, candle and a box of chocolates. And I'm not even a real teacher!
Third-year English students: capable, enthusiastic and energetic. When I asked them about a Russian fairy tale they had referenced, they all got up and acted it out. In this group is the sweet girl who took me to the photography museum and was mortified to learn I had already been there when she never has. She and her dad are also helping me get internet in my house.
Doberman: I met today on the street, a fat bitch (come on, it's a dog!) named Danna. Dannichka!
The New Yorker online: I can save articles right to my flash drive!
Pirated DVDs: Fifteen Soviet comedy classics on one disc!
Birthday: Tomorrow. Cake and "Mamma Mia." Anything's funny dubbed into Russian.
Ok my friends that's it for now. Shana tova and an easy fast to my Jewish friends. To my gentile friends (do I have any?) I say, when the Messiah comes, we'll know who was right; there's a fifty-percent chance either way.
Peace and love

3 comments:

Museum intrigue said...

Birthday!? C Dnom Rozhdenie! which reminds me, figure out your address and let me know asap. Billings says that mailing things within Russia is super cheap. You might just get love letters in the mail...

Jason said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday my little lamb! i hope you're having a great day and an even better week. miss you more than words can say!

always,
b