Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nothing Special, Just a Girl


I don’t have much to report, I’m just so happy to have the internet in my home.  At this very moment, I’m chatting with both my beloved mama and fellow ETA Mary-Katherine (Masha-Katya).  I can’t even express how much of a difference it makes to feel connected.  I’ve already rediscovered the joys of Facebook, MySpace and, my all-time favorite, AllUC.org.  Many American websites, like Pandora don’t work here, but, joy of joys, I can watch movies and tv shows.  I’ve already downloaded the new Coen brothers movie, Oliver Stone’s Bush bio-pic, Terry Gilliam’s documentary about trying to make a movie of Don Quixote, and a bunch of Home Movies and Dr. Katz.  


What else did I do today...bought my train tickets to Tiumen, sent out more postcards (now that I know they eventually do arrive) and taught my students to say “awesome” and “bitchin’.”  Also I got in trouble again, this time with a colleague who’s my age, for not relying heavily enough on the textbook.  You’re damned if you do, and I’ll be damned if I let Zikova’s English Grammar rule my life.  Tomorrow I’m working with some 3rd-year students on their Christmas project, teaching the Bible as literature.  Unfortunately, I assigned the wrong Gospel, but it will kill some time to read the right one.  The good news is, I’m so lackadaisical about teaching, I’ve become the favorite among the students.  Rock!  Alright friends, it’s time for me to curl up with George Clooney and two flavors of ice cream.  Hope you all have as nice a night as I will.

3 comments:

Museum intrigue said...

What a face! You should get Skype and we can chat it up! I'm laurenabman on there.

Rage said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so psyched that you're connected to the fabulous www. Not to be confused with the not so fabulous w. I hope for more wonderful photos proving you're alive and even more fun Abbieisms.

Looooooove,
Rachel

Unknown said...

thanx for the shout out lady :)