Friday, October 10, 2008

It's alive! Aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Good news fans! The school computer lab is open and has a surprisingly fast internet connection! Of course, there's no macs here, so I can't easily upload old blog entries, but I takes what I can gets. Right now I'm sitting here in the middle of a class, a privelege afforded "teachers" like me. So I still don't have internet at home, but at least I have it at work. Just realized the kids all have little plastic slippers over their shoes. Whoops.
More good news: I'm really enjoying my Soviet comedy classics, even if I can't understand every word. I watched one called "Be My Husband," where a woman needed a man to pose as her husband for some reason connected with renting an apartment. Guess what ended up happening. It was really cute. Another great one was "Afonya," about a plumber who lives and loves by his own rules. If this movie had been made in America, it would have starred Jack Nicholson.
Ok my loves. Gotta get ready for class. Keep on keepin' on.

2 comments:

zak said...

very nice...keep up the good work and don't skimp on the details next time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ab -- great to read about your adventures. Sounds like lots of fun stuff. The Siegs miss ya in the home land.
Love
Us